Nautical"Work and marche"
- We packed the marine's delicious food in a 100-size box.
We will bring the pride of the island to your home!
Oki Beef,Passion vegetables ... Please enjoy this opportunity!
Connect with the island, base of travel
- Shimane Peninsula Oki Islands float in the Sea of Japan, north of the Shimane Peninsula. One of them, A small isolated island with a population of approximately 2,300 people, Ama-cho.An island with half a half farmers blessed with rich ocean and rich spring water. In the old days, Emperor Gotoba was distributed, and in recent years, various efforts have attracted attention and the island has many migrants.
It has become a hot topic.
We run the only hotel "Marine Port Hotel AMA" on this small island, and will introduce the attraction of this Ama-cho through the hotel.
Time spent at the hotel, meals, sightseeing···Our mission is to support your trip to connect with the island.
Connecting hotels and areas
New initiatives with the region
Introduction of staff
- What is a Ama-cho?Ama-cho is one of the islands of the Oki Islands, about 50 km north of the Shimane Peninsula.
"Ama-cho" is the name of a town, and the name of the island is called "Nakanoshima Island".
There are four manned islands in the Oki Islands. Ama-cho is the third largest island in the city, with a population of about 2,300 people. It is approximately 89 km around. If it is only 2 hours to go around the island by car, it is the size that can go around.
A semi-agricultural and semi-fishing island where you can enjoy the richness of the sea under the influence of the Tsushima Warm Current and the abundant spring water that has been selected as one of the 100 famous waters (Tengawa no Mizu).
As a treasure trove of seafood from ancient times, it was positioned as an eating country, such as the discovery of a wooden note showing that "dried abalone" etc. of Ama-cho have been dedicated from Heijojyo ruins.
- "There is nothing nothing"The word "there is no thing" in Ama-cho,
·It is not necessary
·All important things are here
It has a dual meaning.
There is no convenience store or supermarket in Ama-cho. There is not much rich in things like urban areas.
On the other hand, however, nature and the grace of the local community are abundant. There is enough necessary for living, and I am making good use of the goodness of what I have now.
"There is no thing" was chosen as a word expressing the words symbolizing Ama-cho like this, the way of life like islands, charm, individuality.
How to get to the Ama-cho from the mainland
- For each timetable, please check the link at the bottom right of the page for details
- There are two ports on the mainland where ships going to the Oki Islands arrive and depart.
·Shichirui Port in Matsue city, Shimane prefecture. (Sobi)
·Sakaiminato in the Tottori Prefecture Sakaiminato (Lifestyle)
Shichirui Port is approximately 20 minutes by car from Yonago airport, Sakaiminato is located 15 minutes from Yonago airport.
Please refer to the timetable of the Oki Kisen Ferry to select which port to depart from and visit Kurushima.
(Please be careful as diamonds change depending on the season and month. )
There is no ship leaving Sakaiminato to arrive at the harbor "Hishiura Port" in the Ama-cho,
Ama-cho is descended to the port of Beppu Port Nishi-no-Shima, an island next to Ama-cho, and it is called an Shima-mae shipping vessel
By transitting to a ship it is possible to arrive at the harbor "Hishiura Port" in Ama-cho.
- Oki Islands have only one airport.
Oki Islands Oki Islands Global Geopark Airport is located on the Oki Islands Global Geopark Airport Oki Island (Dogo), Oki Island (Dogo) largest island in the Oki Island (Dogo) Oki Islands.
And it is a form that comes in to Ama-cho by ferry from Oki Island (Dogo).
There are two flights to Oki Island (Dogo) on the mainland.
·"Itami International Airport" in Osaka
·Shimane's "Izumo married journey airport"
Is the departure and arrival point for the “Oki Islands Global Geopark Airport”.
The number of flights is limited. Please check with the timetable.
In addition, how to get to the port from major cities
Please see "Access to the Oki Island Oki Islands (Oki Island Trip)".
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.